Your Health Publication Article
The Sutter Health Central Valley Region is pleased to bring you Your Health — a community magazine designed to help you and your family make informed decisions about your health care. You can also find answers to your health questions in our Health Resources section.
Sutter Health Has a Same-Day Surgery Center Near You
Christopher Hudlin, M.D.
Superior Quality and Outstanding
Care With Faster Recovery
Many surgical procedures that used to require long hospital stays and recovery periods can now be done on an outpatient basis with shorter, less painful recovery times. New technologies and techniques have changed the face of surgery.
“Laparoscopy and other less invasive techniques make it possible to do many diagnostic and surgical procedures more quickly, easily and safely than ever before,” says Christopher Hudlin, M.D., a Sutter Gould Medical Foundation surgeon based in Stockton. Thanks to these new procedures, “many surgery patients go home the same day, and most of them can return to their normal activities within a few days.”
Sutter Health is on the leading edge of these changes. Our state-of-the-art outpatient surgical centers in Modesto, Stockton and Tracy use the latest surgical equipment and advanced technology. These centers treat thousands of patients and are certified by either the Joint Commission or the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care — health care’s coveted seals of approval for a high level of quality care and patient safety.
Our modern facilities feature beautiful, comfortable surroundings for patients and their loved ones, and our expert medical staffs consistently receive high marks for patient care and satisfaction.
All five centers offer surgical services in these areas: gynecology, orthopedics, plastic surgery, urology, and ear, nose and throat. Other specialties vary by center and include vascular procedures, pain management and ophthalmology.
Choose the Best Center for You
Sutter Health’s outpatient surgery facilities feature the most up-to-date technology and equipment, and our staff provides attentive, personal service. Family members who accompany you will have a comfortable waiting area with several amenities. If you’re contemplating surgery, there are five locations to choose from.
Same-Day Surgery Center
- 1420 North Tracy Blvd., Tracy
- Spacious, private recovery areas
- Dedicated gastroenterology suite
- Specialized pediatric patient room
- Waiting area with separate children’s area
- Access to Sutter Tracy hospital services and staff
Same-Day Surgery Centers
- 1401 Spanos Court, Suite 200, Modesto
- 1700 Coffee Road, Modesto
- Small, personal settings with attentive caregivers
- Located on Memorial’s campus with access to hospital services and staff
Stockton Surgery Center
- 8011 Don Ave., Stockton
- Two procedure rooms
- Private check-in area
- Waiting area has wireless Internet service,flat-screen TV and seating in an outdoor rock garden
- 520 West I St., Los Banos
- Small, personalized center with attentive caregivers
- Newly remodeled recovery rooms
- High-tech laparoscopic equipment